5Dimes Review – Sportsbook
Below is an honest 5Dimes betting review, including our experience with sports and casino on the site, the history of 5Dimes , and the pros and cons of using the website.
This 5Dimes betting review will be updated through new versions of the site, new offers and unique fea
Who are 5Dimes?
5 Dimes have been in business since 1998 and are one of the old-heads in the online gambling industry.
Known mostly for their Sportsbook, however they also offer nice casino, bingo hall and poker room gambling. Perhaps not strong across the board, but you don’t want to pigeon hole them as a Sportsbook specialist only.
5Dimes also has heaps offers. Most of these offers fall under the category of offering you more value for your bets. They do this by bucking industry trends and offering better odds and payouts on markets.
The catch is however that you won’t be able to participate in all offers, with others becoming off-limits after you’ve chosen your desired offer. If you take advantage of one offer. So take care and pick the right one before making your first deposit.
Their website looks like it was made over a decade ago (it was) and the Sportsbook struggles to provide the quickest customer service, but they always give customers ultra-competitive betting lines and have been reliable for coming on 20 years.
5Dimes accepts customers from all over the USA.
If sports betting is your jam, 5Dimes are in the top-tier of US-friendly option since and always offer the best odds, including their much promoted ”reduced juice” betting for those who choose to have less juice/vig (”house edge”) and better odds over a deposit bonus (only one can be chosen, and reduced juice is the better option in the long run).
5Dimes are the only US-friendly site with reduced juice betting, with Pinnacle the best option for this outside of the U.S.
Overall, a great option for sports bettors.
5Dimes offers more propositions for game markets than their U.S competition (as far as we’re aware this is still the case).
You’ll find 100+ props on NFL markets and combined with the number of props you’ll have more than enough markets to satisfy.
Maximum bet size for all major US sports is $5,000, with the exception of “reduced juice” bets which have a maximum bet limit of $500 (since the Sportsbook is taking a bigger risk by offering odds with less ”house edge”).
Some prop bets may have maximum betting limits as low as $50. They are also known for having the smallest minimum betting limits, with bets of $0.50 (Bovada have a minimum betting limit of $1, probably the next lowest).
- $500 minimum deposit.
- $50 minimum for straight wagers.
- $25 minimum wager on parlays, teasers, pleasers and futures.
- $100 minimum wager on open parlays.
- 50¢ minimum on all exotic wagers.
- 50¢ straight bet minimum.
- $50 minimum deposit.
A nice feature that stands out against other U.S Bookmaker sites is the availability of live in-play betting on popular American sports such as American Football, MLB and NBA in addition to in-play betting on popular international sports.
5Dimes Sportsbook Promotions
Below we list out 5Dimes’ Sportsbook and Racebook offers.
BUT here are 1 thing you must remember –
- Claiming a promotion will prevent you from taking advantage of another. This is the case with their reduced juice or deposit bonus offer. Signing up for one or the other cancels the other out (take reduced juice in our opinion).
The more time you invest in your Sportsbook betting, the more we suggest accepting the reduced juice.
Now, let’s check out the 5Dimes offers…Reduced Juice –
Reduced Juice is 5Dimes’s biggest selling point. Industry standards for commission or “juice/vigorish” is to risk $110 to win $100 (or any variation of that, like $1.10 to win $1). 5Dimes reduces their juice for most of their sports on offer.
The “juice” is reduced to -105 – or half off. This ultimately means you’re only betting $105 to win $100.
Reduced juice betting limits are $1 to $500 and are only accessible online. You’ll need to ask for the Reduced Juice offer when you sign up, or you won’t be able to use it.50% New Player Deposit Bonus –
Get up to $520 as a bonus on your first deposit. You can get up to $200 if your deposit is $400 or less. However, if you deposit between $400 and $2,000, this can increase.
|50% Bonus||+ 20% Bonus||
Total Free Play Reward
You will get 20% extra by depositing $500+.
To get this offer, you’ll need to bet the deposit once to get 10%.Free Play Reward –
This is a reload/deposit bonus which occurs each time you deposit funds into your account. You’ll get up to $500 when depositing $100 to $2,500. The bonus is 20% unless you deposit $250 or less – in which case your bonus will be a flat $40.
|Free-Play Bonus Chart|
|Deposit Method||Reload Amount||Reward Value|
|Person to Person||$2500||$500|
Bet your deposit once to earn 20% of your reward. Do this four more times to collect the remainder. Note that bets placed in the Live Betting Extra or Live Betting Ultra sections will not count.Cash Back –
You’ll receive up to 20% cash back.
How much you get depends on your frequency of Cash Back requests.
- To receive 20% – Make a request on your total losses twice per year.
- To receive 15% – Make a request on your total losses once every 30 days.
- To receive 10% – Make a request on your total losses once per week on Tuesdays.
- To receive 5% – Make a request on your total losses once per week on any other day than Tuesday.
Note – once you select an option, you’ll be locked in for that option and any option beneath it.
What does that mean?
If you select 15%, you’re only able to get the 15%, 10% and 5% option. If you select 10%, you can get only that or the 5% option and so on.Rebate –
You’ll get rebates of up to 9% on your daily bet volume every single day, win or lose. There are no minimum or maximum daily volume requirements on how much you can earn in rebates.
5Dimes Online Casino, Grand Casino & Bonus Casino
5Dimes online casino deserves praise due to its low house edge %’s relative to their competitors.
Also, they have an honest offering of video poker (beatable only if you play correctly) as its return is 100.2%. Taking into account the very small house edge % and the maximum bet size, you won’t get rich but it’s certainly better than losing your funds.
5Dimes actually have three casinos on offer The Casino, the Grand Casino and the Bonus Casino, all with different games and promotions. It’s a little confusing, yes, but then again you have some variety. Here’s a brief introduction to each of the casinos they have to offer:
The 5Dimes Grand Casino has a large variety of casino games on offer. For example, seven types of blackjack (Shut ‘Em Up, Face Up, Perfect Pairs, European, Pontoon, 21 and Super 21), and over 90 diferent slot machines, 14 variations of video poker, and a whole lot more.
5Dimes Bonus Casino claims to have the highest payouts amounts among their online casino competitors and for certain games they do. The standard payout in roulette is 1 x’s the bet size; alternatively the Bonus casino offers a 1.09 x payout, and on Wednesdays from 2:00PM until 8:00PM, a 1.11 x payout. If you’re going to play roulette online, 5Dimes Bonus Casino is the place to go.
Deposits and Withdrawals
Below are the deposit and withdrawal options for 5Dimes customers, along with the fees and limits.
- Person to Person – Fees from $5.00 – $30.00. 5Dimes covers fees on deposits of $250 and over. Limits are $100 to $750 per deposit (depending which option you select). You’re limited to one transaction every eight days. Each deposit takes 20-40 mins to be visible in your account once confirmation is received from their end.
- Credit/Debit Cards – No fees. Limits of $50 to $500 per deposit.
- Money Order – No fees. Limits $100 to $1,000 per deposit. Deposits are credited within 12 hours.
- Sportsbook Transfer – No fees. The minimum deposit is $500.
- Account to Account Transfer – No fees. The minimum deposit is $50.
- Bitcoin – No fees. Bitcoin Deposit limits are $25 to $10,000.
- Person to Person – Fees range from $10 to $25. The max cash out is $350. The time is 2-3 days before receive the reference # you need for pick up.
- Money Order – Fees are $80. Limits are $1,000 to $9,500. Sent within 24-48 hours after request.
- Cashier Cheques – Fees are $40, $60 or $80 depending on amount. Limits are $1,000 to $7,500. Cheques are sent 24-48 hrs after the request is made. You can request 1 cheque every 7 days.
- Sportsbook Transfer – No fees. Minimum transfer of $500.
- Bitcoin – No fees. Withdrawal limits are $50 to $10,000 unless you exclusively deposit by bitcoin. Then there’s no limit to the cash out amount.
- Bank Wire – $80 fee on top of any fees your bank may charge. Limits are $1,000 to $9,500. Take 4-6 days to hit your account.
- Account to Account Transfer – No fees. Minimum withdrawal of $50.
5Dimes offers 1 free payout every 30 days up to $40 or less.
5Dimes has an great reputation for paying their customers within a reasonable time.
One of the best things about the 5Dimes Sportsbook is the volume of markets available. The below screenshot doesn’t do it justice as this is only a partial image of the betting board.
In the example above, you can easily bet on the spread, money line, and totals for the game. There are also drop down menus for each options that allow the customer to view a wider range of betting options and buy points.
Once a bet is placed, just confirm the wager by reentering their password to prevent any betting errors (saved many people a wrong bet).
Overall, very basic and nothing to write home about, but every market is there and placing a bet is easy. That’s all you really need.
5Dimes Mobile Site
Mobile betting has become increasingly popular over the past few years, to the point where it’s where most bets are placed. So it’s important to have a mobile site that’s easy to use.
Even though 5Dimes updated their mobile platform, it still does not look as clean as many of the competitors such as Bovada and BetOnline. The image to the right shows what the betting board looks like on a smartphone.
If you don’t have issues zooming in and out then you may not have an issue with finding and placing your bets in good time. Overall, the 5Dimes mobile site is quite functional, but it just doesn’t have the aesthetic feel of others.
When a site has been as popular and trustworthy for so long, you must be doing something right. In fact, we rank this site alongside the big boys in U.S online betting. For customers who primarily bet on sports we recommend 5Dimes before any other U.S site because of their betting lines and variety of games and bets.
Love that reduced juice.
Notes and Sources –